POINT OF REFERENCE: Top 10 Highest-paid CEOs at U.S> commercial insurance companies
FOLLOW THE MONEY. ALWAYS FOLLOW THE MONEY.
Back in 2012, one doctor suggested that I write about my work comp experiences after a witnessed slip and fall backwards, big, hard, conk on the head, little-to-no medical care over the course, in order to help me process what was happening to me with the lack of medical care, legal chicanery, and fight for my life.
It took until the summer of 2013 to make it a blog…..the earlier writings were to WorkComp people — doctors, adjusters, lawyers, human resources. Initially, I suspected the poor treatment was simply that some of the people I was dealing with were simply stupid. I discovered it is far worse than that.
Have you seen the movie, WOMAN IN GOLD? Here’s the trailer. I watched it this week. I cringed and gasped repeatedly as I saw parallels between those atrocities, and the life destroying actions of the WorkCompsters around the nations. It is time for more Doctor’s Trials, to include the complicit sonderkommando, wouldn’t you agree?
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
Watch it and see for yourself how the parallels can be drawn with the devastation and destruction by the Nazi’s in the 30’s and similar destruction of life in the 21st century—of disabled workers, older workers and other ‘economically undesirable’ or ‘unprofitable’ members of the working classes. If you do watch it, pay particular attention to the cheering when the Nazi’s rolled in to Austria, and the terrors that followed and wonder about shareholders of the companies causing such atrocities. Today, they don’t roll in in tanks, it’s the sedans and stretch limos? Yikes!
If you don’t know any Injured Workers and if you are like the ‘cheering crowds’ of the profitable workcomp industries, also take a look at “The First Leaflet” and the next time medical care is denied on your watch, ask about your own humanity and soul.
Injured Workers lose their sanity, their jobs, their homes and their lives in the PROFITS BEFORE LIVES business model that provides windfalls of profits, faster upon death of injured workers, to insurance industries and ancillary venues.
It’s thrilling to see that the nation is finally discussing, out loud and virtually, some of the horrific atrocities of WorkComp. No more sugar-coating the atrocities. Enough of you know the real deal.
MAY AMERICA LEAD THE WAY TO STOP THESE ATROCITIES…..
We, The People, Are The Media Now. “Let’s get right to it!”
Wouldn’t it be beneficial and life-extending if…..some of the biggies….. WorkCompCentral + ProPublica + National Association of Injured and Disabled Workers accelerate the discussion WITH AN EMPHASIS CHANGE TOWARD SOLUTIONS? Enough already with the hand-wringing and rhetoric.
If you’re in the industry, Y’all already know what’s happening. DO SOMETHING TODAY. MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT. “ADOPT AN INJURED WORKER” AND HELP THEM ESCAPE FROM THE “assembly lines of death” and OPEN AIR DEATH CHAMBERS!
If not you, then who? If not now, then when?
Let’s individually and collectively conduct interviews with doctors, lawyers and others who have “left the industry” so that real issues can be addressed, in a less threatening manner, with, perhaps, some amnesty provisions for early responders.
These WorkComp challenges and atrocities are Universal —- perhaps the USA, Canada, UK and Australia have similar organizations — like WorkCompCentral + ProPublica + National Association of Injured and Disabled Workers and everybody can join forces to save/extend lives.
We’ll probably need some educational events to address BEST PRACTICES for Whistle Blowing, in all quarters, wouldn’t you agree?
It has been somewhat comforting over the past year to see discussions about the many horrors of WorkComp, along with the high profits for the insurance carriers. Romano Trust Vs. Sedgwick seems to have paved the way for carriers to “wish and hope you die” if you are an injured worker —-it’s an cost effective strategy, in perfect alignment with PROFITS BEFORE LIVES business models, also used by the Nuclear Industries?
Here is a study by Everette Lee Herndon, Jr. on Workers Comp & Bad Faith: Unacceptable Oversights The Insurer’s Duty and The Romano Case. Published on http://www.propertycasualty360.com on July 15, 2013 that will prove insightful to any readers, industry or non-industry. If you’re human, read it; you’ll get it.
A recent DePaolo World blog shared another story with the same trend….. Profit Before People rather than the carrier paying for transitional living facilities at approximately $40K a month, likely with the help of some nasty pharmaceutical, that injured worker’s ‘suicidal ideations’ and attempts could save that carrier a bundle….. and have “Happy Shareholders”?? Yikes! See also Guilty Without Charge
Well, recently a recommendation from another doctor/coach suggested I write about my WorkComp experiences. I shyly reported, “Well, I have a little blog already, but I do want to write a book.” Unimpressed (and previously unaware of my blogs) it was suggested that before our next meeting that I “write an Introduction and a Chapter Outline.” 😀 THIS IS THE INTRODUCTION! HERE COMES THE OUTLINE!
Did I leave anything out? Do you think a series of e-books would fly? Would you read it if it was free? Would you prefer to pay 99 cents for each e-booklet? Would you watch a webinar about Whistle Blowing, Blogging, Administrative Tasks for Injured Workers and more? Would you join groups on the NADIW.org site, LinkedIn, Facebook and elsewhere to further discussion and enhance your own blogs?
Surviving Work Comp – Draft One
INTRODUCTION (See above)
- Congratulations on Your Job! But Wait — about The Benefits
- Hurt on the Job? Uh Oh! HOPE FOR THE BEST — PREPARE TO FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE
- Lawyer Up or Self-Represent?
- How does it work?
- Who are the Key Players?
- How do you get medical care? Hint: Cross your fingers and hope you don’t die first!
- What to Track: Money In/Money Out/Money Stopped; Doctor appointments — arrival, names, notes, tests, directions, prescriptions, off work notices; Get and read copies of all medical reports and appeals, get business cards of all parties.
- What to do if treatment is denied (and it will be denied, FACT! APPEAL, SQUEAL AND SQUEEK — JUST WHISTLE)
- Why Blog? What to blog — What not to blog?
- Suspect Fraud? Uh oh! FIGHT BACK!
- Suspect Collusion? Uh oh! FIGHT BACK!
- Did HR send a Get Well Card and Speedy Recovery Wishes?
- Are you disabled? File for Social Security Disability immediately if you expect to be off work 1 year or more (Hint: If it’s work comp, count on it! File churning, obfuscation of facts, fradu and chicanery often caused delay, denial, deceptions and death. FILE TODAY; If you’re lucky enough to get legit medical care and return to work, welcome to that “1%” crowd!
- Follow THESE Blogs – Comment on Industry Blogs
- Join the #CommitteeOfBloggers – WE WORK LIKE ANTZ – Use these memes and hashtags too!
- Lost your sanity, job, home and health? Uh-oh! Find an advocate to help you fight back – LEARN TO WHISTLE! #JustWhistle, #Tweet, #Blog, #Post, #Pin etc.
- Tell YOUR story here and there and Tell your Friends and Neighbors and Elected Officials…. do your best to BE SUCCINCT….. “What it used to be like, what happened, and what it’s like now” Figure you have 30 seconds to grab attention, and two minutes to hold it in a call to action.
- Go Fund Me? If you don’t ask, you won’t get. TRANSCEND LEARNED HELPLESSNESS; BE CREATIVE! (Read also #TheFirstLeaflet)
- Join a Class Action in Your State or Nation
- Settlement Time? Yeah, right.
- Then What…. HOW DO YOU MOVE ON POST-WORK COMP? How to RISE LIKE THE PHOENIX FROM THE ASHES?
- Ask: About Your Radiation This Week
Remember Remember to ‘Pray for the Dead and Dying, Fight Like Hell for The Living, #DodgeTheRads and #OccupyVirtually